Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Monday 3 May

Monday was my jogging night in one of my more recent periods of attempted self-improvement, but when daylight saving ended I thought, oh well, there's no time to run after work on Mondays any more. But I was walking home tonight from work and noticed all these people jogging in the dark. In the dark! I wondered if I could do that, go jogging in the dark. I decided I *could*, but would I like it? I don't think I would. Usually when I jog/jogged, I would make sure my route would go past as many friends' places as possible, on the off chance that they might see me running, and admire me, or at least admire my fine genetically inherited legs in my shorty-short running shorts, and that just wouldn't happen in the dark. But *could* I jog in the mornings? Who would see me then?

When I got home I had to go back to work to get my key. I'd left it on my desk. So I caught the bus back, got my key and walked home again. This time I looked in shop windows to see my reflection, and I thought about people eating dinner alone, and if that guy with the glasses and the shopping bags was going home to his girlfriend, and if that other guy in the shorts and tats walking ahead of me would get violent if he thought I was ogling him.

If I had had to walk home a third time I think I would have just stopped at the pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment