Friday, May 21, 2010

Art Gallery

I went to a friend's opening tonight - she's an arty photographer. I'm going to post about this, I thought before I went, I could write the post now, I know exactly how it's going to be!

Version I: I got there about 6.30 and went inside. There weren't a lot of people around. Said hullo to Maree, and looked at her stuff, and John's stuff - he's a friend of hers who she's showing with, and a third person whose stuff I've seen before. I had two glasses of red wine, and worked out my favourites, and admired the technical aspects of Maree's and John's prints, then left without saying goodbye, Maree was busy with people. A handsome man unexpectedly smiled at me. There were lots of tossers.

Version II: I got there about 6.30 and met Jenny, who'd given up the gym to come with me. We went inside - it was packed - and eventually found Maree. Of course they knew each other, from clubbing! We both had a couple of glasses of red, and looked at Maree's stuff, and John's, which is beautiful. Jenny remembered him from Blinky's where we used to work, he used to come in and get his photos printed, and I had a crush on him, he was very handsome. Robert Rosen was there too, and Jenny had a long chat with him about Blinky's days. We both had a 3rd glass of wine, and maybe a fourth. Jen and I went out afterwards with everyone, we ate at The Prophet and ended up at Palms! I didn't get home until 2am - and I wasn't alone...

I saw these shoes on my way home. Nice new pairs of Converse. It's meant to mean that a drug house is nearby, but how would you know which side of the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment