Thursday, May 20, 2010

challenge! #fail

I feel awful when I fail a challenge, awful while I'm doing them, and not that great if I actually get one done. I remember finishing my first (only) novel - my first (only) draft anyway. I didn't feel exultant. I felt tired and as pleased as if I'd mopped the kitchen floor #fail.

When they have time limits they are worse because the challenge grows as time passes. New Year's resolution: read 6 French novels this year! Two months for each one, easy! ...now down to 5 weeks for each #fail. I'll save $15000 this year! With careful budgeting, I have plenty of spending money and some leeway in reaching the target... can't afford to buy coffees if I still want to make it #fail. I'll make a scrap-book for Stephen! - we travelled together when we were at university, I have photos and my diary, I'll type it up and lay it out and get it professionally printed and bound! It's going to be ready for the 20th anniversary of the trip.. for his 40th.. for his 41st.. for the 22nd anniversary of the trip.. #fail. Jenny Smith, I asked my friend Jenny Smith, who is a writer, will you encourage me to write another novel? Will you be my mentor? Sure! she replied, ten days ago, how about 30 pages, in my mailbox in a month.. might still get it done #fail

I, too, in solidarity, shall blog every day in May! I said to my friend Jaci, who is a writer and who is blogging every day this month. #fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment