Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Houseminding in Glebe III

Wednesday: Day 6 of 12
I saw a dead leaf under the front door as I walked from the hall into my dressing room, and I thought, "I must sweep the dead leaves out of the front pebble-garden". I was passing a built-in hall cupboard and I thought, "I wonder if the broom to sweep up dead leaves from the front garden is in there?" I opened the cupboard and it was full of BLANKETS.

I put a load of washing on when I realised I had no clean undies (I had to wear my emergency pair again today). I used soap flakes! I have never used them in a washing machine. I felt like my grandma, except alive. There is borax too, for my whites, but I think if I use it, my whites will be sent back 140 years in time, and will come out all yellowed and Miss Haversham-like.

No luck with parking this time, had to stop in a 1-hour parking zone and move the car later. Except I FORGOT. No ticket luckily when I went finally to move it to another 1-hour spot, before my lunchtime swim. On my return it I saw a nearby free-time spot and ran and fumbled with my keys like Audrey Hepburn in "Wait Until Dark", and there it's staying tonight, as I'm catching the bus in to see Tony and an AADA student play. I honestly never thought *parking* would be an issue during my stay in Glebe.
---
Home again, remembered as I came in the door and saw a Xmas card in the letter slot, that I don't have long to make my Xmas card! Let alone the Geralaina Xmas party movie. I want some cocoa but too full from a disgusting "Wagyu beef" burger from the Criterion on Park Street. I drink a lot of water instead. I sit at the huge computer screen and look at Facebook and play scrabble, and follow links from twitter, and email David about the Ocean swim on Sunday, and browse some other websites. I stay up late! Late enough for my stomach to settle and allow me my cocoa, which in my amusing twitter quips last night I called Some Enchanted Evening. I might have had gin on the rocks but there was no ice. No ice!*

It's been raining all day. It's still raining. I'm staying here to water the plants. I'm here under FALSE PRETENCES.

*There was ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment