Friday, June 18, 2010

Things I have learned this week

  • Children don't listen.
  • when swimming freestyle, pull your arms out by the elbow once your hand is directly below you - it makes for a more powerful stroke.
  • I feel bad when I don't give the barber a $2 tip. And worse when I spend it on a pain-au-chocolat instead of eating my muesli.
  • Kipfler potatoes are delicious when chipped and deep-fried.
  • How to turn a pictClipping file into a jpg.
  • Someone at the Sydney Theatre Company spells Atreus wrong, and that they correct it when told so.
  • How to pronounce Jordi.
  • Jordi is George (Jiri is George too, how come English has the stodgiest George?).
  • 23 year-olds haven't heard of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
  • 8 year-olds haven't heard of Gwen Stefani.
  • Cornflower-blue eyes and guinea-gold hair DO exist outside the pages of Georgette Heyer!

2 comments:

  1. I edited this. That's bad form isn't it? Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. I think it's okay to edit. That's, like, life.

    ReplyDelete